Our lawyers represent individuals, businesses, trusts, hospitals, educational organizations, traditional charities and churches in the following areas:
- Creation and maintenance of private foundations; and qualifications to obtain or maintain tax-exempt status.
- Advise on charitable giving and research and information on private foundations, and charities.
- Structure charitable giving from CRUTS, GRATS, to Charitable Remainder Trusts and direct gifts.
- Review and develop charitable entity and qualify for tax exempt status as a 501(c)(3) entity, and maintain compliance with IRS regulations.
- Advise on excise tax issues on foundation income.
- Advise on charitable organization qualifications with reviewing agencies such as Better Business Bureau.
- Advise on maintenance of the trademark, service mark and other protected rights of charities and their permitted use in trade and fund development agreements.
- Serve on boards of national and local charitable organizations.
- Provide governance advice to boards and committees of charitable organizations and foundations.